FIREBOX 14Home > Glass Fusing Kilns > FIREBOX 14
Our Most Popular Fusing Kiln
The square design makes this kiln ideal for tile and sushi plates. Plugs into 120V household voltage so it is ready to go right out of the box.
Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It’s that easy!
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
Plugs Into Household Voltage
Nothing against electricians, but who really enjoys paying to have their house rewired. With the FireBox 14 you take it out of the box, plug it into any spare 120V outlet you have in the house and you are ready to start fusing. Okay, it does need to be a grounded outlet.
Stay Cool Handle
Glass fusers are always lifting their lids when their kilns are hot to take a peek. The wood handle on the FireBox 14 stays cool even when the kiln is at peak temperature.
Great for Tile
This kiln will hold up to 1 square foot of tile or a 12 inch square plate. It’s 6 inch depth even allows you to use up to 4″ deep slump molds. This thing has got it all!
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment we cut that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, our reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously. Get the whole story here.
Below you will find links to resources that are specific to this model:
FireBox 14 Kiln Manual
|Ship Dims. (in)
|*Ship Wt. (lbs)
|Download a FIREBOX 14 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet
|Cone 0, 1700 F
|15.00 x 15.00
|32 x 32 x 28
Approximately 15 in. x 15 in. opening and 6.5 in. high: 0.8 cubic feet.
There are no upgrades available for this kiln.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Stand Feet
Buying Skutt Products
All Skutt products, with the exception of parts, need to be purchased through an Authorized Skutt Distributor. To locate a Distributor just click on the Distributor Finder icon below.
If you are looking to purchase a kiln, you may want to use the Build A Kiln tool first so you are absolutely sure you are ordering the correct kiln with all of the accessories and upgrades you want.
If you are an Architect or contractor who is looking to Specify a particular model for future purchase, use the Build A Spec tool to generate a Specification Sheet.