Below is a complete listing of all our models along with the electrical specifications and recommended installation specifications. Always check local and national electrical and building codes before proceeding with any installation. Once you have researched the products and know the Model, Voltage and Phase of the kiln you wish to specify you can use the Build A Spec feature to print out a product specification report specific to that model.
Kiln Electrical Requirements Qualifiers
- Kiln Electrical Requirements listed in Skutt literature or on the Skutt website are intended as a general guideline only for the recommended minimum copper circuit wire sizes.
- Use of aluminum wire for kiln circuits is not recommended.
- Wire size listed is based on recommended circuit breaker or fuse size and not the kiln’s amperage rating.
- Wire size listed is based on using equipment terminations and insulated wiring conductors that are rated for use at 167° F (75° C) or better.
- Wire size listed is based on not more than three current-carrying conductors in raceway, cable, or earth (directly buried), and based on ambient temperature of 86° F (30° C).
- Using cable type circuit wiring or connecting to older type electrical equipment or installing in higher ambient temperature locations may require using a heavier gauge wire size.
- To minimize a low voltage condition to kiln, use heavier gauge wire for each additional 50 feet (15 meters) of circuit length.
Local Electrical Codes can vary and will supersede Skutt recommendations.
Consult a Qualified Electrician for your specific installation.