Firebox 8X6 LTHome > Ceramic Kilns > Firebox 8X6 LT
The Perfect Starter Kiln
Fire Ceramics, Glass, Metal Clay…this kiln does it all with easy to use preset programs. It plugs into standard household voltage, has a UL safety listing, and comes standard with a shelf kit, instructional DVD and kiln wash. What more could you want? The ideal kiln for beginners.
Brand New Controller
The FireBox 8×6 LT now has a brand new controller that allows you to fire Glass and Ceramics. It even has built in programs for Precious Metal Clay. Here is what you get
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It’s that easy!
- ConeFire Mode allows you to fire Ceramics simply by entering the Cone Value, Firing Speed and Hold Time.
- PMC Mode is even easier. All you enter is the type of Metal Clay you are using and press start.
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
Plugs Into Household Voltage
Nothing against electricians, but who really enjoys paying to have their house rewired? With the FireBox 8×6 LT you take it out of the box, plug it into any spare 120V outlet you have in the house and you are ready to start fusing. Okay, it does need to be a grounded outlet.
Stay Cool Handle
Glass fusers are always lifting their lids when their kilns are hot to take a peek. The wood handle on the FireBox 8×6 LT stays cool even when the kiln is at peak temperature.
Lid Opens Over 90 Degrees
Why is this important you ask? We are glad you did. When the lid can open past 90 degrees it will not be in your way when you go to load your shelf. That’s it!
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment we cut that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, our reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously. Get the whole story here.
Below you will find links to resources that are specific to this model:
FireBox 8×6 LT
Comes with Everything you Need
- 1 Shelf and 3 posts.
- Kiln Wash.
- Instructional DVD.
- Operating Manual.
|Model||Phase||Volts||Amps||Watts||Temp (F)||Cubic Ft||Opening (in)||Depth (in)||Wire Awg||NEMA Receptacle||Ship Dims. (in)||*Ship Wt. (lbs)|
|Depth||Opening Width||Opening Length||Cu. ft.|
Approximately in. x in. opening and in. high: cubic feet.
There are no accessories available for this kiln.
There are no upgrades available for this wheel.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- 1 Shelf and 3 posts
- Kiln Wash
Buying Skutt Products
All Skutt products, with the exception of parts, need to be purchased through an Authorized Skutt Distributor. To locate a Distributor just click on the Distributor Finder icon below.
If you are looking to purchase a kiln, you may want to use the Build A Kiln tool first so you are absolutely sure you are ordering the correct kiln with all of the accessories and upgrades you want.
If you want to buy parts, you are welcome to purchase them directly from Skutt however your local distributor may have them in stock which would save you money on shipping. Use the Parts Finder Tool to pull up all the parts available for your specific kiln. If you want to order directly from Skutt call (503) 774-6000
If you are an Architect or contractor who is looking to Specify a particular model for future purchase, use the Build A Spec tool to generate a Specification Sheet.