GMT-10FHome > Glass Fusing Kilns > GMT-10F
The Ultimate bead kiln
This will be the last bead kiln you ever need to buy. Built tough to last with the features you need.
NEW GlassMaster Touchscreen with Built-in WiFi
Like Your Smartphone the new GMT controller navigates with just a touch of a finger and allows us to guide you through programming with full sentences, helpful icons, and dynamic navigation.
Built-in WiFi makes it possible to download any software feature upgrades for free so it is like having a new Kiln Controller for the life of the kiln.
A Free App works in conjunction with the Wifi and allows you to monitor your kilns temperature and status from your smartphone.Think how comforting it will be not to get out of bed to be sure your kiln shutoff as expected.
The Hinged Controller allows you to move the controller up and down to an angle that is comfortable for you to program. No more getting on your hands and knees. After programming you can push it back down so it is out of your way and easy to view from across the room.
It has the Same Functions you have come to know and love from the standard GlassMaster Controller Plus More!
- Glass Fire Mode – Allows you to easily program the kiln based on the size of the project and what you want to do with the glass. We have added COE as one of the questions it asks you so we can write programs that are specific to 96 COE, 90 COE, and Bottle Glass. We have also added Casting and Textural Fuse to the list of project types.
- Ramp/Hold Programming Mode – Allows you to easily input your own firing programs. Now you can Name Your Programs and store them in My Programs for easy access. You can even Copy Programs you like, but want to change slightly to speed up the programming process.
There are exciting New Functions that are on this controller as well.
- Guided Start – This programming Mode is meant for beginners. It guides you through every step of the programming process with Helpful Messages to make things crystal clear and give you confidence you have done everything correctly before you press Start.
- Program Library – We have added a program library with helpful programs for unique processes like Slumping Bottles, Melting Glass in a Crucible Kiln, and Annealing Borosilicate Glass.
- Help Screens – Nearly every page has a Help Button that will give you detailed information about the screen you are currently viewing. It is like having the manual right on the controller!
- More Detailed Diagnostics – We put in place more detailed diagnostic tools which make it faster to figure out what may be going on with your kiln. And, because your kiln is connected to the internet our technicians can view the data right from their desk.
- Graphing – When you press Start the controller will display a Graph of the firing so you can follow it along as the kiln goes through the program.
- Logging – The controller actually stores the information from your last 10 firings which can be downloaded to an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Upgrading to KilnLink – Adding KilnLink to your kiln just got easier and more affordable. The built-in WiFi eliminates the need for expensive hardware so now all you need to do is pay a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
So Much More – To find out more detail about more detail about the new GlassMaster Touchscreen Controller visit the Featured Product Page
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
The Bead door is constructed of solid brick for maximum insulation. The bead door is connected by heavy duty counterbalanced arm with a wood handle that stays cool no matter what the temperature is inside of the kiln. The action is smooth and the hardware is robust. This thing is bullet proof enough to hold up under any classroom setting. The bead door is optional, so be sure to tell your distributor you want it.
Electrocuting your customers is not a good business practice…plus we like you. That is why all GM10F kilns come with perforated baffles to cover the elements. A good idea since the mandrels you guys are blindly placing in the kiln are MADE OF METAL..don’t you think? They are held in place firmly by channels cut in the brick and can be slid out when it is time to change elements.
- Thin-walled inconel cover equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- GM818, GM1018. and GM1227 all come with Zone Control. Since these kilns are designed to fire on multiple levels we place a thermocouple in each section to keep the temperature uniform from top to bottom.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
Not Just For Beads
The GM10F is not only a great bead kiln, it also makes a great little fusing, metal clay, and heat treating kiln for custom knife makers. The side elements allow you to post up shelves and fire your pieces on multiple levels. So, if you are making jewelry you can get a whole lot of product in there. Imagine three 8″ x 9″ shelves full of stuff, that’s how much you can get in there!
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment we cut that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, our reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously. Get the whole story here.
Below you will find links to resources that are specific to this model:
GlassMaster Kiln Manual
|Model||Phase||Volts||Amps||Watts||Temp (F)||Cubic Ft||Opening (in)||Depth (in)||Wire Awg||NEMA Receptacle||Ship Dims. (in)||*Ship Wt. (lbs)|
|Download a GMT-10F 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a GMT-10F 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|GMT-10F||1||115||15||1725||Cone , 1800 F||0.45||10.00 x 9.00||9||12||5-15||23 x 29 x 27||85|
|GMT-10FBD||1||115||15||1725||Cone , 1800 F||0.45||10.00 x 9.00||9||12||5-15||23 x 29 x 27||85|
|Depth||Opening Width||Opening Length||Cu. ft.|
|9 in||10 in||9 in||0.45|
Approximately 10 in. x 9 in. opening and 9 in. high: 0.45 cubic feet.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled. If you purchased a 10F with a bead door, some assembly is required
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Operating Manual
- Fiber Paper
- 2 – Element Baffles
Buying Skutt Products
All Skutt products, with the exception of parts, need to be purchased through an Authorized Skutt Distributor. To locate a Distributor just click on the Distributor Finder icon below.
If you are looking to purchase a kiln, you may want to use the Build A Kiln tool first so you are absolutely sure you are ordering the correct kiln with all of the accessories and upgrades you want.
If you are an Architect or contractor who is looking to Specify a particular model for future purchase, use the Build A Spec tool to generate a Specification Sheet.