GM-10FHome > Flame Working Kilns > GM-10F
The Ultimate bead kiln
This will be the last bead kiln you ever need to buy. Built tough to last with the features you need.
Sophisticated, Yet Easy to Use
- The GlassMaster Controller is the only controller on the market with GlassFire Mode. GlassFire Mode allows you to run a program simply by entering the type of effect you want: Fuse, Tack Fuse or Slump and a speed based on the size and thickness of the project. It really is that easy and it works on most projects.
- If you prefer to write your own firing programs simply use the Ramp/Hold programming mode which can store up to 8 of your custom programs with up to 8 Segments. When you are ready to use one of your stored programs just load it and press start.
- Built in Diagnostics give you or our technicians the ability to diagnose kiln problems with just a few button presses.
- Active Keys allow you to make adjustments to the program while it is running based on a visual inspection. The Anneal Now key allows you to skip to the annealing phase of the program with a single key press. Add Time allows you to add 5 minutes to the final heating segment of the program if your project needs more time and Add Temp allow you to increase the temperature in the final heating segment if you want the glass to get hotter.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
The Bead door is constructed of solid brick for maximum insulation. The bead door is connected by heavy duty counterbalanced arm with a wood handle that stays cool no matter what the temperature is inside of the kiln. The action is smooth and the hardware is robust. This thing is bullet proof enough to hold up under any classroom setting. The bead door is optional, so be sure to tell your distributor you want it.
Electrocuting your customers is not a good business practice…plus we like you. That is why all GM10F kilns come with perforated baffles to cover the elements. A good idea since the mandrels you guys are blindly placing in the kiln are MADE OF METAL..don’t you think? They are held in place firmly by channels cut in the brick and can be slid out when it is time to change elements.
- Thin-walled inconel cover equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- GM818, GM1018. and GM1227 all come with Zone Control. Since these kilns are designed to fire on multiple levels we place a thermocouple in each section to keep the temperature uniform from top to bottom.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
Not Just For Beads
The GM10F is not only a great bead kiln, it also makes a great little fusing, metal clay, and heat treating kiln for custom knife makers. The side elements allow you to post up shelves and fire your pieces on multiple levels. So, if you are making jewelry you can get a whole lot of product in there. Imagine three 8″ x 9″ shelves full of stuff, that’s how much you can get in there!
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment we cut that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, our reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously. Get the whole story here.
Below you will find links to resources that are specific to this model:
GlassMaster Kiln Manual
|Model||Phase||Volts||Amps||Watts||Temp (F)||Cubic Ft||Opening (in)||Depth (in)||Wire Awg||NEMA Receptacle||Ship Dims. (in)||*Ship Wt. (lbs)|
|Download a GM-10F 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a GM-10F 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|GM-10F||1||115||15||1725||Cone , 1800 F||0.45||10.00 x 9.00||9||12||5-15||23 x 29 x 27||85|
|GM-10F W/BEAD DOOR||1||115||15||1725||Cone , 1800 F||0.45||10.00 x 9.00||9||12||5-15||23 x 29 x 27||85|
|Depth||Opening Width||Opening Length||Cu. ft.|
|9 in||10 in||9 in||0.45|
Approximately 10 in. x 9 in. opening and 9 in. high: 0.45 cubic feet.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled. If you purchased a 10F with a bead door, some assembly is required
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Operating Manual
- Fiber Paper
- 2 – Element Baffles
Buying Skutt Products
All Skutt products, with the exception of parts, need to be purchased through an Authorized Skutt Distributor. To locate a Distributor just click on the Distributor Finder icon below.
If you are looking to purchase a kiln, you may want to use the Build A Kiln tool first so you are absolutely sure you are ordering the correct kiln with all of the accessories and upgrades you want.
If you are an Architect or contractor who is looking to Specify a particular model for future purchase, use the Build A Spec tool to generate a Specification Sheet.