KS-609Home > Ceramic Kilns > KS-609
It Just Fits
Fits most small studios. Easy to load for those who are vertically challenged. Has all the bells and whistles of the larger kilns in a more compact size
Kiln Sitter Controller
- Uses specially formulated pyrometric cones to measure heatwork and turn off the kiln.
- Skutt purchased The Original Dawson KilnSitter company in February of 2009. All parts are guaranteed original.
- Now Standard – Safety Timer helps to prevent over-fires
- Individual 3-heat switches on each section allow you to heat up slowly to avoid thermal shock.
A large amount of the heat you lose in your kiln passes to through the lid and slab of your kiln. To compensate for this, Skutt directs more heat to these areas when they design the elements. The fact that we have twice the element grooves in our kilns gives us more design flexibility than some of our competitors.
It also gives you more loading options since it is always recommended to have at least one element radiating between each layer of shelves. Oh and by the way, twice the grooves means you get twice the amount of element wire, which means each element doesn’t have to work as hard, which means longer element life! Whew!
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
And So Much More!
When you are buying a kiln, you are not just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment we cut that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, our reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously. Get the whole story here.
|Model||Phase||Volts||Amps||Watts||Temp (F)||Cubic Ft||Opening (in)||Depth (in)||Wire Awg||NEMA Receptacle||Ship Dims. (in)||*Ship Wt. (lbs)|
|Download a KS-609 1 Phase 115 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|KS-609||1||115||17||1950||Cone 6, 2250 F||0.6||11.00 x 11.00||9||12||5-15||24 x 24 x 19||60|
|Depth||Opening Width||Opening Length||Cu. ft.||Tea Bowls|
|9 in||11 in||11 in||0.6|
Approximately 11 in. x 11 in. opening and 9 in. high: 0.6 cubic feet, bowls.
Bowl, 6 inches in diameter and 3 inches high.
There are no upgrades available for this kiln.
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.
Buying Skutt Products
All Skutt products, with the exception of parts, need to be purchased through an Authorized Skutt Distributor. To locate a Distributor just click on the Distributor Finder icon below.
If you are looking to purchase a kiln, you may want to use the Build A Kiln tool first so you are absolutely sure you are ordering the correct kiln with all of the accessories and upgrades you want.
If you want to buy parts, you are welcome to purchase them directly from Skutt however your local distributor may have them in stock which would save you money on shipping. Use the Parts Finder Tool to pull up all the parts available for your specific kiln. If you want to order directly from Skutt call (503) 774-6000
If you are an Architect or contractor who is looking to Specify a particular model for future purchase, use the Build A Spec tool to generate a Specification Sheet.