- The Controller
- The Right Size,
the Right Power,
and the Right Control
- Precision Thermocouples
- Perfect for Porcelain Canvas
- Best Warranty
- Even more..
Brand New ControllerThe GlazeTech now has a brand new controller that allows you to fire Glass and Ceramics. It even has built in programs for Precious Metal Clay. The perfect controller for any of your testing or other small firing needs. Here is what you get:
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It’s that easy!
- ConeFire Mode allows you to fire Ceramics simply by entering the Cone Value, Firing Speed and Hold Time.
- PMC Mode is even easier. All you enter is the type of Metal Clay you are using and press start.
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
The Right Size, the Right Power, and the Right ControlWhen you are testing glazes you want to mimic the real world which means you need a kiln that can perform like your big kiln. It needs to be wide enough to test multiple samples, tall enough to test glazes on a vertical surface, powerful enough to match the firing profiles you will use in real life, and have the control to match those profiles on the heating and cooling side of the profile. The GlazeTech was designed to do exactly those things.
- Exposed Thermocouple equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Inexpensive, plus we give you an extra one when you buy your kiln.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Type S (Platinum) Upgrades Available.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
Great for Porcelain Canvas
- Robin Hopper called us and said he was working with this new stuff called Porcelain Canvas.
- He asked us to build him a kiln, and we of course said you bet!.
- He said make it like this, and we of course did.
- …and that is the beginning of the best test kiln on the market.
And So Much More!When you are buying a kiln, your arn’t just buying the equipment, you are also buying the service that comes before and after the sale. From the moment we cut that first brick to the day you open the box, to the day you are ready to retire it, our reputation is on the line and we take that very seriously. Get the whole story here.
|Model||Phase||Volts||Amps||Watts||Temp F||Cubic Feet||Opening||Depth||Wire Size||NEMA Receptacle||Ship Weight|
|Download a GLAZETECH 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 240 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|Download a GLAZETECH 3 Inch Brick 1 Phase 208 Volts Product Spec Sheet|
|GLAZETECH||1||240V||17A||4000W||Cone 10, 2350 F||1.1||14.50 x 14.50 inches||9 inches||12||6-20||130 lbs|
|GLAZETECH||1||208V||20A||4000W||Cone 10, 2350 F||1.1||14.50 x 14.50 inches||9 inches||10||6-30||130 lbs|
|Depth||Opening Width||Opening Length||Cu. ft.||Tea Bowls|
|9 in||14.5 in||14.5 in||1.1|
Approximately 14.5 in. x 14.5 in. opening and 9 in. high: 1.1 cubic feet, bowls.
Bowl, 6 inches in diameter and 3 inches high.
EV2 Rolling Stand AdapterLearn More
Most Skutt Kilns come with a stand but often times it is nice to be able to roll the kiln out of the way when not in use or to clean under. Now Skutt makes a heavy duty rolling stand for most of it's kiln models.Learn More
Includes 4 - 13" x 14" x 5/8" Cone 10 Rectangular Shelves and 12 - 1" Length PostsLearn More
APM Elements are the perfect solution for artists and industry running their kilns consistantly to temperatures above 2250F especially if you are holding at those high temperatures. APM Elements can last as much as 3 times longer under extreme conditions. If you primarily firing to lower temperatures you will see very little benefit.Learn More
Skutt Kilns should arrive fully assembled.
Packed with the kiln you will find the following items:
- Kiln Stand
- Instructional Video
- Operating Manual
- Stand Feet
- Extra Thermocouple (unless Type S)
- Warranty Card
- Peep Plugs – attached to the kiln stand, enough to fill each peephole on your particular model.