The Peep Show
What is the Peep Plug Show?
At its heart The Peep Show is a brilliant scheme set in motion by Skutt Ceramic Products Inc. to shamelessly promote their kilns while at the same time develop a private collection of the most valuable Peep Hole Plugs on earth for pennies on the dollar.
Prizes awarded to the Artist!
First Place $300 – Second Place – $200 – Third place – $100 – Honorable Mention (2) $50. Prize winners become part of the permanent collection and traveling Peep Plug Show exhibition.
How to Enter
- Make a Peep Hole Plug. The Plug must be made of clay, fired and functional. By “Functional” we mean: the plug fits into the peep hole’s 1 1/4 inch opening tapering to ¾ of an inch. The Peep Hole Plug needs to support itself while in the peep hole. Plug part should not be glazed (Underglaze is OK). The part of your plug that sets outside of the kiln may be glazed.
- Take a digital Picture of it. (preferably on grey paper)
- Go to the web site listed below before the January 31st deadline, fill out the form and post each photo.
- Check your e-mail in Mid February to see if your Peep is selected as one of the 20 finalists to be displayed at the Skutt Booth at NCECA.
- Bring your piece to the show ( Vendor Exhibit Hall) where it may be chosen as a prize winner orNew this year! Peeps chosen can be shipped to David L. Gamble and he will coordinate shipping them to NCECA. Any pieces shipped will become part of the permanent collection and traveling Peep Plug Show exhibition that will travel to different venues around the country.
- The peeps will be judged at NCECA and cash prizes will be awarded on the spot in the Skutt booth at noon on Friday.
To download a PDF instruction sheet Click Here.